Compliance Assessment Management Letter: Meechim North 2000 Inc.
c/o Rob Caie
17 Beach Rd - PO Box 127
Pickle Lake ON P0V 3A0
RE: Compliance Assessment Report Results and Follow-Up
Dear Mr. Caie:
Deloitte recently conducted a Compliance Assessment of your organization for the 2015-2016 fiscal year to ensure that Recipients are compliant with the terms and conditions outlined in their Contribution Agreements with Nutrition North Canada (NNC). Specifically, our Auditors were looking to verify the following:
- Whether the Recipient is passing on the full value of the subsidy to consumers;
- Whether program visibility requirements are met and that the subsidy is transparent to consumers;
- The Recipient's reporting and claiming systems and procedures with regards to gaps and controls issues; and
- Whether the Recipient respected program rules in regards to sales to ineligible clients.
The attached Compliance Assessment Report describes the Auditor's observations, conclusions and recommendations for your organization. They found that the full subsidy is being passed on to the consumer and that no profit margins were applied to the selling price, and so they were not eroding the subsidy. Overall no issues were identified; however the auditors have made a recommendation to help improve your control environment in order to detect any errors that may occur before submission to INAC.
Please provide a written response within 30 days of the date of this letter with a plan that outlines how your organization has addressed or will be addressing the recommendations below:
- Implement a process whereby there is an independent review of claims prior to submission to NNC for processing. This has the potential to reduce the number of errors in the claims.
Please note that the Compliance Assessment Report, Management Letter and Action Plan will be posted to the Department's website.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this Compliance Assessment or the posting of the information within it, please do not hesitate to contact your NNC representative.
Nutrition North Canada
Thank you for your feedback