Nutrition North Canada Advisory Board
About the Advisory Board
The Nutrition North Canada (NNC) Advisory Board gives Northerners a direct voice in the program.
Board members provide advice to the Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) to help guide the management, direction and activities of the program and to ensure that Northerners receive its full benefits. The board is actively involved in soliciting input from program users to ensure northern and community perspectives are heard and considered.
Board members serve in their own right, not as representatives of any particular organization, area or special interest. They are appointed to three-year terms.
This is a volunteer board, but expenses related to board membership are reimbursed. Members will also be given a small honorarium for their travel to and participation in face- to- face meetings.
Preference may be given to candidates who self-identify as members of one or more of the following groups: youth, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Seeking new members
Who can apply?
INAC is particularly interested in having the board include youth and individuals with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
- be 18 years of age and older
- have post-secondary education from a recognized university or college, or an acceptable combination of education or job-related training or experience
- must have recent extensive experience living in Northern Canada or in isolated or remote communities
- have experience or have a combination of experience in the following fields: Indigenous regional or community leadership, public health, northern retail business, distribution and logistics, and transportation
The deadline to apply is April 17, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
How to apply?
If you are interested in serving on the NNC Advisory Board, please send:
- a letter that states your interest in serving as a chairperson, vice chairperson or member and clearly lays out your relevant knowledge and experience
- a detailed up-to-date resume that includes your current contact information
Please send your letter and resume to:
Northern Affairs Organization
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
15 rue Eddy
- November 29, 2016 in Fort Hope, Ontario
- November 29, 2016 in Big Trout Lake, Ontario
- May 30, 2016 in Old Crow, Yukon
- July 27, 2015 in Kugluktuk, Nunavut
- March 26, 2015 in Iqaluit, Nunavut
- June 10, 2014 in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut
- November 20, 2012 in Nain, Labrador
- June 11, 2012 in Norman Wells, Northwest Territories
- November 8, 2011 in Kuujjuaq, Quebec
- May 31, 2011 in Iqaluit, Nunavut
Advisory Board Reports
Terms of Reference
Contact the Advisory Board
Mail: 25 Eddy Street, 14th Floor, Gatineau, QC K1A 0H4